Monday, September 1, 2014

peace, love and garlic



Hey, long time no see! I'm finally feeling back to normal again, yay!

This weekend I donned my best festival-wear because I attended a.... dun dun dun... GARLIC FESTIVAL! haha! It's probably way less funny than I thought it was, but there you have it. Lacy dress, flower crown, round sunglasses, and of course a peace sign.



I had such a good time it's ridiculous. I've wanted to attend the Garlic Festival in the Poconos for years and I'm so glad I finally got to go! I tried so many awesomely weird garlic foods. My favorite was fried garlic on crackers with garlic sauce, but I also tried (and loved!) milk chocolate covered roasted garlic, garlic chocolate chip cookies, garlic ice cream and garlic shaved ice. I also got garlic lolipops that I haven't had a chance to try yet.

Needless to say, I'm sure everyone at this festival was popping mints all day afterwards, haha! But it was so worth it. We left around 6pm and headed for Scranton, where we had dinner at Chick's diner (I went there during the Office Wrap Party last year and it's my favorite diner ever! The home fries are to die for.) and then I FINALLY got to swim for the first time this year at our hotel's indoor pool.

Oh, and of course I made myself a garlic fan club pin specifically for this occasion, ha!




dress - asos | flower crown - modcloth | shoes - h&m