Tuesday, May 13, 2014

find your happy



Ok. I'm moving back home. It turns out I'm not a "living alone" kind of person. I was painfully lonely by myself and kept finding every excuse I could to come home or sleep over in my old bedroom. For a couple weeks in January I brought the cats back with me and we were basically living in my room at home and I'd go back to my apartment to work during the day.

It was an experiment that I needed to do. As I've gotten older I've felt so much pressure to move out and grow up. By society, not my parents -- they didn't want me to leave in the first place. But I just didn't enjoy it at all. And I'd much rather be considered some kind of failure by the rest of the world and be happy than be miserable living alone just because I think society would want it that way.

One of the main reasons I moved out in the first place was because I needed more room for my business, so I'm moving into a larger room downstairs instead of my old bedroom. This week I already moved most of my bedroom and all of my workspace back and it looks great. I feel SO MUCH peace being back here. I can't even describe how happy it makes me to be *home* It might be ridiculously old fashioned but I think I'm just going to hang out with my parents until I get married. They're basically like super awesome roommates who just happen to have also raised me.

I'm really glad that I got my apartment because living alone is no longer a "what if" -- I know that I don't like it. And that's okay. Sometimes I feel like I belong on the Island of Misfit Toys, I just don't have a life that would be considered normal for somebody my age. But that is OKAY. I don't know about you, but I for one have spent way too much time thinking about whether or not my lifestyle is normal when what I should be thinking about is whether or not my lifestyle makes me happy. It does, and that should be enough.




sweater- forever 21 | jeans - h&m | shoes - c/o le bunny bleu

ps. I'm still going to post the rest of my apartment tour photos! I took them before I disassembled everything so you'll still get to see my old workspace and my hallway. And I'll definitely do a new room tour once I'm fully moved back home. It's only partially finished now but I love it so much more than my apartment already!! :)