Thursday, February 17, 2011

now, how to amuse them today?


dress - modcloth
cardigan - f21
belt - old navy
tights - urban outfitters
shoes - aldo
bag - urban outfitters

I'm feeling much better today, still not 100% but better. I hate being sick, but I do like that it's an excuse to flop in bed and watch tv without feeling guilty that you're not getting any work done..

One of my favorite books that my dad used to read to me as a kid was Now We Are Six by A.A. Milne. And my favorite story in the book was Sneezles. To this day when me and my brother are sick we still say we have the wheezles and sneezles :-)

Christopher Robin had wheezles and sneezles,
They bundled him into his bed.
They gave him what goes with a cold in the nose,
And some more for a cold in the head.
They wondered if wheezles
Could turn into measles,
If sneezles would turn into mumps;
They examined his chest for a rash,
And the rest of his body for swellings and lumps.
They sent for some doctors in sneezles
And wheezles to tell them what ought to be done.
All sorts and conditions of famous physicians
Came hurrying round at a run.
They all made a note of the state of his throat,
They asked if he suffered from thirst;
They asked if the sneezles came after the wheezles,
Or if the first sneezle came first.
They said, "If you teazle a sneezle or wheezle,
A measle may easily grow.
But humour or pleazle the wheezle or sneezle,
The measle will certainly go."
They expounded the reazles for sneezles
And wheezles, the manner of measles when new.
They said "If he freezles in draughts and in breezles,
Then PHTHEEZLES may even ensue."

Christopher Robin got up in the morning,
The sneezles had vanished away.
And the look in his eye
Seemed to say to the sky,
"Now, how to amuse them to-day?"